Saturday, December 14, 2013

Another Study Break...

Okay so after my last post I never got back to studying... sounds like I was ready for another study break! Phew okay, so I watched a Vice video. If you don't know about Vice please, Please, PLEASE check them out. Vice is real journalism. Vice immerses themselves in the stories that they are covering, kind of like Hunter S Thompson but without the drugs. I love Vice because they are not afraid to cover controversial stories, in the fear that they will loose their backers. Vice is not traditional news vice is unfiltered and raw. They are not regurgitating the same bullshit stores that FOX, NBC, and other news networks do, instead they are telling the truth. Have you seen the ridiculous shit that FOX is saying on the air? Apparently Jesus and Santa Claus were white. Oh yeah and Santa Claus is real.... Are you fucking kidding me?!? You are a news network. Tell the fucking news not some bullshit stories to make kids happy. How many kids are even watching FOX news?? Anyways back to the video. Keep reading. Sorry for my cussing. (Politics makes me angry)

Shane Smith (the creator of Vice) went to Liberia and met the warlords there. Oh my god. Do you know what is going on in Liberia? Neither did I. This documentary was very disturbing, but also very informative you need to watch this. It is about an hour long, but how about instead of watching a scripted bullshit show with a laugh track and fake smiles you watch something that is informative to what is happening in the world? I feel that Americans are terrible humans in the fact that they would much rather be entertained than be aware of what their fellow humans are going through in developing countries. That we would much rather turn our backs on the truth because it is displeasing, is terrible. We (developed nations) make up 20% of the world's population, and we consume more than the 80% of the world. People are suffering from the impact of our selfish desires of a comfortable, commercial life. Watch this and stay informed. It is better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a pig satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment