Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'm in Awe

Hey dudes I know it's not tubular tuesday, but I never posted anything, so I thought it would be nice to hit you back with a song. This song is called Hoppipolla. It's by a band called Sigur Ros. They are Icelandic, so they are automatically cool. Just kidding. Don't judge people, because we are fucking terrible at it and are always wrong about the person we judge.

It was weird a bunch of my new college friends got drunk and came up to me separately at different parts of the night, totally hammered, and told me I was a really cool person and I've had an effect on their lives in a positive way. Damn these guys are making me feel like I'm Joe Rogan or something. I'm not trying to show off or anything, because "that shit is for assholes" in the words of Chiddy Bang. Actually recently I have not had the strong confidence that I had earlier in the year, so this was kind of shocking to me. Like wow I am actually a good guy and am not a dick. Sometimes we over analyze ourselves and only focus on our faults rather than our attributes. Kinda like that Dove commercial with the women describing themselves to a sketch artist. We are so good at pointing out the little flaws that we have that we tend not to look at ourselves how we really are: beautiful. I just got done watching a short movie about a serial killer robot, and I was like what now? So I put on Spotify and Hoppipolla came on. It is so beautiful check it out. But I want to keep on talking so I am going to keep going.

I met some really cool guys today when I wondered away from my environmental science class at the Mellow Mushroom. One guy is a photographer named Patrick Cox. You can look him up if you want. I'm too lazy to find a link. But this guy is amazing. He takes stunning colorful pictures, which was so great for me after shooting black and white for so long. He told me that no one wants to buy pictures of flowers, they like people. That really stuck with me because I kind of hate taking pictures of people. It's so hard. This man has it down. But not me haha. I like still life stuff. But I guess I should work on taking pictures of people so I can make money some day. The guy also makes man purses, which is the shit. I need a man purse so bad, you have no idea. I could rant about why, but that would be going too far off point right now.

The other dude I met was Joe. Joe sells vaporizers and Sanuks. Sanuks are super comfy shoes check em out. I got a pair and I flippin love them. ha its funny because they are made from flip flop bottoms, so flippin' is like a pun. Ah.... BACK TO JOE TIM. Okay. So Joe. I talked to Joe about his vaporizers and he asked me if I smoke cigarettes and I said I smoke a different plant. I asked him if his vaporizers could vap "herbs" and he freaked out and thought I was a cop. I think I persuaded him into thinking that I'm not by my vibe. I think it is pretty much the opposite of a cops. We got back to talking about the cigarette part and he told me that he sells vaporizers for the sole reason of helping the health of smokers and to help them eventually quit. He also told me that since I don't smoke he would refuse to sell me nicotine extracts (ie what is vaporized) because getting people addicted to nicotine goes against his values. I was like damnnnnnn you are the most noble person I have met in a long time! The fact that this man is not in the business just for the money and has morals unlike fucking corporations. Man Joe is the man. Joe is the person we should all aspire to be like. Joe is a person who has not assimilated to the old system to make money. Joe is good. We need try to be like Joe. Later skater.


No comments:

Post a Comment